Chocolate Techniques Workshop : Bons Bons
This class is focused on creating bonbons which are small chocolate confections which are intricately decorated and can contain a wide range of fillings.
Tempering chocolate well is a crucial aspect of creating success bonbons. Let us help you understand how temperature management can help you create the desired snap and shine in your chocolate. You will use polycarbonate moulds to form and design the bonbons as these give the chocolates an attractive shine and allow you to form the designs in a single layer. We will also make a range of fillings for these bonbons.
Other items to be made during this class is the Almond Rocher and Hand Molded Chocolate Truffles.
In this class, you will be learning chocolate tempering techniques:
Recipes covered :
- Small, hard-shelled chocolates, decorated on the exterior and filled with a variety of fillings
- Made in a hard polycarbonate moulds
- Procedure to fill the moulds and successfully remove them to achieve a glossy shine.
- 4 different fillings
- Chocolate coated mound of slivered almonds that have been coated with a layer of caramelised sugar.
Hand molded and coated spherical chocolate truffles
- Soft ganache filling in an outer shell of tempered chocolate.