- Chef Lynette FooThe BossChef Lynette FooThe Boss"This 14 year journey has been such a rewarding experience, firstly starting the school from my home and then moving twice to bigger premises. I have seen thousands of participants improve their culinary and baking skills during this period. I am happy that Palate Sensations and the chef instructors continue to shape the changing landscape of Singapore’s culinary scene." Lynette holds a Diplome de Cuisine (French Cuisine) and a Thai Cuisine Certificate from Le Cordon Bleu; a Level 3 Raw Food Chef Certification from Pure Joy Culinary Academy, and a Certificate in Asian Pastry from BITC. Lynette is also an MOE (Ministry of Education) registered instructor. She chose the chef profession as part of her high school career experience and spent one week working in the kitchens of the famous Summit Restaurant in Sydney, Australia. That week turned out not quite as disastrous as she had predicted and she actually did well enough for the Executive Chef to consider her for an apprenticeship. When it came to career choices, Lynette pursued a career in Accounting & Finance more out of the fact that she received a scholarship to attend university rather than for her love of all things analytical. However, throughout her corporate career, Lynette’s passion for cooking and food continued to grow as she traveled the world. She started to amass a sizable collection of recipes and never stopped entertaining her family and friends wherever she set up home. After working more than 12 years in the corporate world in Australia, Asia and Switzerland, she decided to follow her true passion and in January 2005, Palate Sensations was born in Lynette's home kitchen. Lynette’s cooking has been heavily influenced by her family while growing up in an Aussie household and from her travels around the world. Lynette’s philosophy on cooking is that it should be fun, simple and fuss free. Lynette believes everyone can cook - it just takes a bit of practice. She encourages everyone to learn how to cook as it is a skill that will stand them in good stead and the benefits last a life time. In 2006, realising that interest in food and cooking classes were growing in Singapore, she decided to search for and build a dedicated cooking studio to better facilitate the classes which are always conducted on a hands on basis. Taking a back seat to teaching, she now works with a team of ever changing chef instructors who bring their international and local culinary expertise to the school. Lynette now focuses on the PR, Marketing and Business Development side of the business. Epitomising the modern, sophisticated woman, her aim is to bring together a wide range of cuisines and make them accessible to all who love to cook or eat by showing them how easy, fun and fuss free it is. Her clients embody her image and are mainly professional working men & women and large multinational corporations who engage Palate Sensations for corporate team bonding events and private functions. In September 2010, due to popular demand and space constraints, Lynette decided to relocate the studio from leafy Wessex Estate to the sprawls of a commercial complex at Biopolis. Without losing the intimacy and cosiness of Wessex Estate, the Biopolis studio takes the concept of cooking classes to the next level as it aims to bridge the gap between the sophisticated home gourmand and a professional chef. Designed with efficiency and equipped with both commercial equipment and domestic appliances, the Biopolis studio allows the participant to work with the very best and latest in the market. Lynette was born in Malaysia but grew up in Australia. She is an Australian citizen and a permanent resident of Singapore. She studied Chinese at Beijing Language and Culture University, Beijing, China. She graduated with an Accounting degree from University of New South Wales, Australia (courtesy of a scholarship from KPMG) and has an MBA from IMD, Lausanne, Switzerland. Lynette is also a qualified Chartered Accountant. She is a First Aider and has an Occupational First Aid Certificate from Red Cross. She is passionate about health and fitness and is an ACE Certified Personal Trainer by The American Council of Exercise. Seeking a balance in life is key and being an outdoor person, she exercises 6 days a week and very often wakes up early in the morning to compete in half marathons, climb mountains, play tennis or practice yoga. So far, she has climbed Mt Agung and Mt Batur in Bali, Mt Rinjani in Lombok and Mt Kinabalu in Malaysia. In 2012 and 2013, she walked the spiritual path The Camino de Santiago in Spain. In 2014, she trekked to Everest Base Camp in Nepal. In 2017, she trekked The Overland Track in Tasmania and Larapinta Trail in The Red Centre in Australia. Lynette is a staunch supporter of animal rescue and the "adopt, don't shop" philosophy. She is a mother to 4 mischievous cats.
Sign up for Chef Lynette’s classes here:
- Chef Calista OngOperations ManagerChef Calista OngOperations Manager"Food has such a special way to bond people from all communities together. Communal dining is what brings laughter to the table and closes the gap between food cultures." Calista is passionate about food. She was drawn to the F&B scene when she felt that the normal academic route in Singapore was just not cut out for her. Having garnered experience first in the front of house, her interest slowly evolved into the culinary arts as she watched the chefs behind the scenes prepping the food she was serving to the guests. Enrolling in The Culinary Institute of America, Singapore in 2011, she met great instructors who mentored her on the foundations of cooking. She was intrigued by how culinary science and arts could merge to bring out a dish, unique to the individual who prepares it. Through her internship, kitchen work and operational experience, she realized that the depth of knowledge that goes into learning about food is endless. Talking to people about food is always an enjoyable topic and it breaks down the boundaries of country borders when one tries to learn and immerse in the culture of a cuisine they are unfamiliar with. Having just started a new family with her chef husband, she juggles her time now just like how a chef multitasks in the kitchen. When not at work, she’s a busy mom to her toddler. When at work, she’s a serious conductor managing the operations to ensure clients have an enjoyable and fulfilling time at Palate Sensations. Her philosophy on life is that it’s all about balance between work, family, fun, exercise and of course, eating.
Sign up for Chef Calista’s classes here:
- Chef Randall TailfordExecutive ChefChef Randall TailfordExecutive Chef"Being a Chef is more than just the skills of cooking. Considering your food sources and understanding the products you hold in your hands, conceptualising flavours in your mind and creating an experience, studying the past to make new of the future. How deep are you willing to delve in order to be that chef, set apart from the rest?" "Tradition can also be modern, but start with the basics, and you will have a foundation to build on". From a diverse heritage of countries around South East Asia, coupled with a culinary education to match, Chef Randall's gastronomic influences and interests are expansive. As a boy, he grew up in a family that congregated around the idea of a good meal. With the Eurasians, a lot of flavours were similar to the Peranakans. They were also combined with his maternal Indian and Sinhalese roots to create a cuisine on its own. Baking was a mainstay in the family traditions too and by 14, he was making cheesecakes for friends and family. Interest turned to passion when he made a decision to enrol in Temasek Polytechnic's trailblazing culinary diploma programme for 3 years, followed by an intensive Bachelor's Degree at the Culinary Institute of America, Singapore. Randall found joy in the art of pastry and bread making, akin to watching a good movie with popcorn. NickVina Artisanal Bakery thought him traditional sourdough techniques and the labour of crusty loaf. He went on to hone his pastry craft at Micasa Kitchen and Bar, heading the desserts with uncommon flavour combinations and reinventing textures and flavour mediums. Randall joins Palate Sensations as Executive Chef and is in charge of running the culinary and pastry programs and advising the Management Team on strategy and business development.
Sign up for Chef Randall’s classes here:
- Chef Loreta ValdezCuisine ChefChef Loreta ValdezCuisine Chef"I have been working at Palate Sensations for more than 5 years and as a chef instructor, I enjoy teaching participants and working with different guest chefs. It is always fun and lively and there are always many opportunities to taste different types of cuisines and learn new techniques from the guest chefs." Although Loreta holds a Bachelor of Elementary Education from Urdaneta City University in The Philippines, she has always enjoyed working with food. In 2011, Loreta graduated from City & Guilds with a Diploma in Patisserie and followed that up with a Certificate in Asian Pastry Making from BITC. In 2017, Loreta graduated from Kaplan Higher Education Institute with a Diploma in Commerce (focusing on Hospitality & Tourism Management). Loreta is also an MOE (Ministry of Education) registered instructor. We are pleased to welcome her to Palate Sensations as our Cuisine Chef focusing on classes for domestic helpers, Asian Pastry, Thai Cuisine and supporting our Executive Chef in conducting classes. She is also in charge of the management of our kitchen.
Sign up for Chef Loreta’s classes here:
- Chef Al ManasPastry ChefChef Al ManasPastry Chef"Working hard is not the only way to become a good pastry chef, you must be dedicated in what you do, have the willingness to learn, accept every challenge you face, and learn from failures as one way to improve yourself and grow." Al moved from The Philippines to Dubai in 2009 after graduating from International School for Hotel and Restaurant Management. He worked as a baker for MH AL SHAYA, one of the largest pastry central kitchens in The Middle East. Working with different nationalities helped him understand different cultures. As his experience grew, so did his love for baking. This allowed him to experiment and he quickly realised that from one simple yeast dough, he could get endless variations of bread! Al's biggest break came when he was tasked to handle the pastry, bakery and pizza section at Maison Mathis which he managed for four years while working under Chef Bart Thoelen, a Michelin Star chef. After his ten-year-stint in Dubai, he moved to Singapore in hopes of better opportunities to share his passion for pastries. Al loves making rustic bread and his love and passion for his work leads him to create desserts that delight the tastebuds. We are pleased that Al has joined Palate Sensations as our Pastry Chef. He will be sharing his love for pastries, breads and cakes with all our participants.
Sign up for Al Manas’s classes here:
- Chairman MeowGuest RelationsChairman MeowGuest RelationsChairman Meow joined Palate Sensations in January 2018 as our Guest Relations Director. He is in charge of greeting all our participants and ensuring our customers leave satisfied. He is extremely attentive and takes his work very seriously.. as long as he is appropriately fed and watered. When not working, he is often found napping at his "desk". Chairman Meow is a well loved stray cat that Palate Sensations is fostering. Our aim is to provide a safe home for him for the rest of his life. He is on a special diet and he is fed twice a day. He has been micro chipped, neutered, vaccinated, and dewormed. He makes regular visits to the vet to ensure that he remains in tip top condition. Do say Hi to him when you come for your class!
- Mini MeowGuest RelationsMini MeowGuest RelationsMini Meow joined Palate Sensations in January 2019 as our Chief Mouse Officer. Together with Chairman Meow, he is in charge of greeting all our participants and ensuring our customers leave satisfied. He has an added responsibility of ensuring our outdoor dining area is free of critters. He is extremely attentive and takes his work very seriously.. as long as he is appropriately fed and watered. When not working, he is often found napping at his “desk”. Mini Meow is a well loved stray cat that Palate Sensations is fostering. Our aim is to provide a safe home for him for the rest of his life. He is on a special diet and he is fed twice a day. He has been micro chipped, neutered, vaccinated, and dewormed. He makes regular visits to the vet to ensure that he remains in tip top condition. Do say Hi to him when you come for your class!
- Low Shih ErhAsian CuisineLow Shih ErhAsian Cuisine"I get a warm fuzzy feeling within when I am given the chance to impart to my students genuine traditional and sometimes long lost Asian cooking techniques and recipes learnt from my mum who much earlier on learnt it from her aunt. I am always in search for the next better recipe for the dishes I teach at Palate Sensations." Some of us were "born to eat" but Chef Low was "born to cook". Well, almost literally since this chef was already helping out in her family's Yellow Light Thai Food restaurant at the tender age of 6. She developed her ability to cook extraordinary Southern Thai dishes from her Thai born mother cum chef and a grand aunt who prepared dishes for the Thai Royal Family. Through the years, Chef Low has further surprised with and elevated the original cuisine she had learnt; integrating her own blend of new creations and twists without losing her ethnic roots and the cuisine's authenticity. Her regional influences and strengths have taken her to food consulting and teaching assignments in Thailand, Philippines, Malaysia and Singapore. The range of classes vary from instructing first timers in the kitchen to supervising whole teams of kitchen chefs. She is now adept at whipping up popular South East Asian fare ranging from spicy Thai Tom Yum to exotic Penang Laksa to the essential Char Koay Teow, just to name a few. Chef Low was previously a food consultant at George, a restaurant that specialized in serving Penang (Northern Malaysia) cuisine. She has also successfully helmed 2 Thai food restaurants in Singapore. Shih Erh is an MOE (Ministry of Education) registered instructor.
Sign up for Chef Low's classes here.
- Kingsley TanSE Asian CuisineKingsley TanSE Asian Cuisine"Seeing students complete their dishes after every class with a sense of satisfaction on their face really makes my day. That's enough to make me continue teaching." Chef Kingsley Tan graduated from At-Sunrice Global Chef Academy with an Advanced Diploma in Culinary Arts. Kingsley is also an MOE (Ministry of Education) registered instructor. With 10 years of culinary experience, Chef Tan is trained in both Asian and Western Cuisine. His depth of experience includes 5 star establishments such as The Sentosa Resort & Spa to Korean family restaurant Hansang and Singaporean establishments such as TP125 Coffee Station and Chang Cheng Mee Wah. Chef Tan is currently a Culinary Consultant at Oriental Buds. Chef Tan joins Palate Sensations as a guest chef. He is predominately in charge of providing Singaporean cuisine classes for tourists and cooking enthusiasts alike.
Sign up for Chef Kingsley’s classes here.
- Alfie MossadegSE Asian CuisineAlfie MossadegSE Asian Cuisine"For me, cooking is an expression of the land where you are and the culture of that place. South East Asian food is very easy to like because it hits your mouth very differently. Compared to European food which may hit 2 flavours such as sweet and salty, Asian food tends to encompass all four flavours (sweet, salty, spicy and sour) all at once." Alfie cooks Singaporean cuisine family style meals fused with flavors from neighbouring Southeast Asian Countries - Thailand, Bali and Malaysia. HIs dishes are healthy and packed with fresh herbs, exotic ingredients, and spices with a twist of western influence. He might look badass, but he doesn’t bite although his food is worth every bite. Working in the Singapore Prison as a chef and inmate helped Alfie develop his cooking skills further. Upon his release, he worked for French Chefs Francois Mermilliod from Flutes @ The Fort and Patrick Heuburger from Au Petit Salut which refined his cooking techniques and honed his skills in French Cuisine. In 2010, a friend secretly entered his name for a cooking competition called Chef Selebriti and he placed fourth in the competition amongst the hundreds that had applied. Afterwards, Alfie left for Bali for 5 years to take on the responsibility of head chef in Baba, Huu Bar, a 12 year iconic establishment in Bali for clubbing and fine dining. There, he became known as the “Laksa King”. He has recently returned to Singapore after a 2 year stint as Executive Chef of Dream Phuket Hotel & Spa. Alfie is an MOE (Ministry of Education) registered instructor. Sign up for Chef Alfie's classes here. Check out 8 Questions with Chef Alfie!
- Susan RajSE Asian CuisineSusan RajSE Asian Cuisine"I strongly believe in the importance of understanding food from the farm to the table, as knowing your food and eating well contributes towards an overall well being of body and mind." Susan is passionate about creating simple, seasonal, nourishing and sustainable food. Susan graduated from Le Cordon Bleu in Bangkok and London with diplomas in Thai Cuisine, French, Bread Making, and Nutrition, Gastronomy and Food Trends. Susan is an innovative chef and an expert at crafting unique recipes. She draws inspiration from Asian and Western cuisines to provide gourmet experiences. She has a wide knowledge of nutrition and food trends, is a passionate bread maker and a talented cook in French and Thai cuisine. She successfully conducted cooking classes for adults and children in London and Bangkok. Originally from Nepal, Susan now shuttles between London and Singapore.
Sign up for Chef Susan's classes here.
- Amelia SekoJapanese CuisineAmelia SekoJapanese Cuisine"I have been teaching at Palate Sensations for more than 7 years. Within that period, I have strived not just to impart knowledge of authentic Japanese dishes and ingredients but the culture itself. I am ever grateful for all the positive comments from my previous participants. These feedback are a crucial source of motivation and inspiration for me to keep doing what I do." Chef AMELIA SEKO has been whipping up authentic Japanese food from home for the past 18 years. A desire to impart her knowledge and share her passion for the cuisine sees her joining Palate Sensations as a Guest Chef. Having been married to a Japanese and with 3 gourmet food-loving daughters, Amelia only produces the best from her kitchen at her family's insistence. Amelia believes that Japanese food must not only taste good but also be aesthetically pleasing to invoke all senses of umami (うまみ). So come and experience pleasure in this brand new series of classes by AMELIA SEKO, specially designed to tantalise and awaken your palate. Master the finesse of essential Japanese cuisine, with a step-by-step guide and an introduction of must-have ingredients in a Japanese kitchen. Amelia is an MOE (Ministry of Education) registered instructor. She is also WSQ ACTA (Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment) trained.
Sign up for Chef Amelia’s classes here:
- Hana MadanatMiddle East CuisineHana MadanatMiddle East Cuisine"My cooking is simple, affordable, yummy and from the heart." Born in Jordan, Hana Madanat remembers spending part of her younger years in the kitchen with her six sisters and mother learning how to cook. Sixteen years ago, she started traveling with her husband, leaving behind her family, her culture, and her mother’s food. She started the search for a taste of home, heading to different Middle Eastern restaurants, but she couldn’t find the authentic taste which is deep in her heart, the taste which could take her back home to her mother's kitchen. She started cooking in her small kitchen, and shared the food she cooked with her family and friends, and now, she would love to share it with more people.
Sign up for Chef Hana’s classes here:[video width="720" height="360" mp4="https://www.palatesensations.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/My-Movie-1.mp4"][/video]
- Hayedeh SedghiPersian CuisineHayedeh SedghiPersian Cuisine"With my passion for cooking Persian food, I can't wait to introduce this incredible cuisine and culture to food lovers who enjoy such delectables as the aroma of saffron flavored rice and stews.”Born and raised in Shiraz, Iran, Hayedeh Sedghi spent her formative years immersed in a culture that celebrates food. Iranian cooks, usually women, pride themselves on serving lovingly home cooked, thickly nourishing and irresistibly tasty meals every day. Hayedeh grew up reaping the benefits of this practice. In 1989, Hayedeh moved to Singapore with her husband. She sought to conjure up a taste of home in the kitchen at every opportunity whilst studying computer science. At the time, however, some important ingredients were difficult to obtain, but she was determined. Over the years, she not only prepared a great many delicious dishes but she also found alternatives for unavailable ingredients. Hayedeh published her Feast Of Flavours From The Iranian Kitchen cookbook in 2007. Hayedeh is Muslim and does not use pork or lard in her menus. All her ingredients are Halal.
Sign up for Chef Hayedeh’s classes here:
- Kamal ChannaIndian CuisineKamal ChannaIndian Cuisine"With over 40 years of experience, I have worked my craft in hotels, fine-dining restaurants as well as hawkers. I now believe that people should be able to take the authentic crafts of North Indian cuisine to their own kitchens without relying on short-cuts and mixes. See you at Palate Sensations." Chef Kamal Kumar Channa has over 40 years of cooking experience in North Indian Cuisine. He has successfully earned accolades as a chef and a business owner and he understands the needs of the kitchen, manpower management and the economics of being in the food & beverage industry. Upon graduation from Delhi University with a Bachelor’s Degree in The Arts, Chef Channa excelled in a 3-year apprenticeship program with the Indian Tourism Development Corporation, passing in the trade of "Cook General". Fueled by his passion, he learnt skills in various sections such as the pantry, bakery, super-club (western hot kitchen) and production kitchen at the Ashok Hotel in New Delhi. Chef Channa has worked in Calcutta, Jaipur, Hyderabad, Abu Dhabi, Saudi Arabia and Australia. In 1987, he moved to Singapore and worked in hotels. Currently, as a freelance chef instructor for Indian cuisine, Chef Channa enjoys sharing his vast knowledge and international experience in both theory and practical classes to private groups, F&B diploma students and corporate teams.
Sign up for Chef Kamal’s classes here:
- Priya JosephMod Indian CuisinePriya JosephMod Indian Cuisine"I believe that anyone can cook to appease hunger, the aim should be to cook with passion and prepare food that makes the soul replete. Growing up in a country with immense variety and versatility of spices really fired my interest in cooking. I learnt my craft initially from the women of my family but over the last 22 years, I have built my skill and created my own recipes." Chef Priya has had an interesting career. She started giving classes at home, urged on by friends and family. Pretty soon, the classes grew in popularity and friends of friends were also asking to be included. Chef Priya finally decided that it was time to put method to the madness by enrolling in Culinary Arts and graduating from At- Sunrice. She did stints in an Italian fine dining restaurant which taught her the importance of impressive plating and presentation of dishes. She believes her passion for teaching comes from her deep love for creating culinary dishes that pleases the soul. She also believes that cooking can be made simple and enjoyable. Chef Priya has prepared an array of dishes with its roots in the deep spices of India and combined them with the rich sauces of Western cuisine to create simple to cook dishes that look and taste great. Priya is WSQ ACTA (Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment) trained.
Sign up for Chef Priya’s classes here:
- Alicia TiveyIndonesian CuisineAlicia TiveyIndonesian Cuisine"The secret of a successful life is to eat and cook what you like. As Thomas Keller said “a recipe has no soul, you as a cook must bring soul to the recipe.”
After completing her formal training at Frankston TAFE in Victoria, Australia, Alicia embarked on a long career working in restaurants, bakeries, board rooms and cooking schools across Australia, Singapore and Indonesia. In the early days Alicia was privileged to work with and learn from several award winning chefs in their Australian restaurants such as Tetsuya Wakuda (Tetsuya’s, Waku Gin), Stephanie Alexander (book author and chef at Stephanie’s) and Greg Brown (Paysan & Brown’s).As an Instructor at Black Pearl Epicure Cooking School in Brisbane, Alicia supported numerous celebrity chefs, such as Curtis Stone and Damien Pignolet, for their cooking demonstrations and book releases. Moving to Singapore in 2009, Alicia was Executive Chef at Palate Sensations Cooking School and has contributed as a Consulting Chef since then. In 2011, Alicia took on the challenge of Executive Chef at The Moluccas Room at the Marina Bay Sands complex in Singapore. Inspired by my classical French culinary training and her Indonesian heritage, she gave a modern interpretation of Indonesian cuisine by adopting western cooking techniques to bring out the best flavours in authentic Indonesian food. From 2014 to 2016, Alicia was a guest chef at Jakarta Fashion and Food Festival. Her current projects involve setting up her own cooking school and pop up restaurant at the family farm in Lembang (Indonesia) and at Narrawong (Victoria, Australia) to promote healthy produce, cooking, eating, and sustainable living. At her Indonesian and Australian homes, she has a small but rewarding fruit, vegetable and bee operation.
Sign up for Chef Alicia’s classes here:
- Francois MermilliodFrench CuisineFrancois MermilliodFrench Cuisine"Being a pioneer chef at Palate Sensations, I have had the privilege to see the studio grow from a little-cozy-home like kitchen to a full size-well equipped cooking school. I have met many participants from completely different backgrounds. I have also witnessed so many life changing moments in the studio (some participants met and became couples leading to marriage, some found passion in cooking while some became full time chefs or run their own restaurants) I am just proud to believe that I might have influenced them for their love for cooking." Francois trained at Lenotre school in Paris and the Valhrona School. Over the years, he has developed a penchant for simple, uncomplicated cuisine and incorporating both French and Asian techniques in his cooking and preparation methods. Having honed his craft as Executive Chef at Sanders, a modern Australian restaurant in Sydney, as well as previous stints at Duo restaurant in Club street, Au Petit Salut, Salut, Flutes at the Fort and Absinthe in Singapore, François hopes to entice the local palate with his unique brand of modern French cuisine at his new restaurant Bar-A-Thym. Despite his training in classical French cuisine, François has always been keen to evolve with the times. He said: “French cuisine has changed considerably lately, from typical, earthy dishes using local products to a more cosmopolitan cuisine with new flavours”. Apart from the seasonal produce, François also draws inspiration from his own dining experiences. Sign up for Chef Francois' classes here.
- Shalu AsnaniVegetarian CuisineShalu AsnaniVegetarian Cuisine"I love teaching as it allows me to help people transition to plant-based eating and open their minds to new ways of eating. I believe in down-to-earth good food, using the best produce and imparting loads of flavor through fresh herbs and spices." Born into a family of great cooks, Shalu was exposed to the art of cooking at a young age and picked up many family secrets along the way, but is constantly reinventing her style to keep things fresh and modern. Her niche is healthy vegetarian cuisine panning all styles – Asian street food to contemporary Western cuisine, and her goal is to disprove the myth that vegetarian food is boring, the dishes she creates are bursting with flavour and tantalising to even the most extreme of carnivores. After a successful stint teaching at a The Hutong school in Beijing, Shalu is back in Singapore and has introduced her creative style of teaching here and has written a comprehensive guide to Singapore vegetarian restaurants. Apart from cooking, her other passion is travelling which she combines with her art by getting inspiration from exciting food around the world, and attending courses overseas to broaden her repertoire. Shalu recently acquired her professional diploma in vegetarian cuisine from Cordon Vert Cookery School in the U.K. which has added a new dimension to her creative cooking skills. Due to her in-depth knowledge and passion for food, Shalu was featured in the Lonely Planet Singapore 2012. Shalu is an MOE (Ministry of Education) registered instructor.
Sign up for Chef Shalu’s classes here:
- LeonardTheDietitianDietitianLeonardTheDietitianDietitian"It’s not about changing the food you enjoy and make it them less tasteful, it’s about redefining what we know about food, what it’s made of, and the right portion for everything" Leonard Yap is a qualified dietitian who graduated from the International Medical University in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. He has practiced dietetics both locally and overseas. A self taught cook, Leonard has worked in several fine dining restaurants. He now focuses his time on combining his dietetics, food science and practical cooking experiences into educating and preparing people to take care of their own health through diet and lifestyle changes to reduce the rates of non-communicable diseases!
Sign up for Chef Leonard’s classes here.
- Alma GabrielNutritionistAlma GabrielNutritionist"It gives me great satisfaction whenever I see people enjoying the food that I prepared. Food for me is a celebration of life and culture which brings people together. I always cook like I am cooking for my loved ones. Food should always attracts, satisfies and delights all our senses." Born in the Philippines, Alma was exposed to cooking and food preparation at an early age as she helped in her family food catering business. A licensed food nutritionist registered under Singapore Nutrition & Dietetic Association, a certified plant based and special dietary meal chef with 18 years of experience in the F&B industry, Alma has worked in both front end customer service and administration to the back end kitchen and production area as a chef, quality controller, culinary trainer and food hygiene officer. She was also part of the pioneer chef team working at Restaurant Tangerine at Resorts World Sentosa. Alma is a certified yoga teacher and aerial fitness instructor. She practices yoga 5-6 days a week. At Palate Sensations, Alma teaches classes on vegetarian, vegan and special dietary meals. Alma is an MOE (Ministry of Education) registered instructor. She is also WSQ ACTA (Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment) trained.
Sign up for Chef Alma’s classes here:
- Alvin SinghCocktail MixologistAlvin SinghCocktail Mixologist"Cocktails can be made by anyone and everyone, and I like that you can see an individual's personality in a glass. Here's to alcohol, the rose coloured glasses of life." Alvin is the owner of Pocket Bar Concepts, a one-stop mobile bar service provider in Singapore. Equipped with our own portable bar and our quirky team of bartenders, we aim to brighten up your event with our services. Intrigued by what goes on behind the bar and into your drink? Let us take you on a learning journey. One part knowledge, one part technique and with equal parts of fun. The workshop will focus on classic cocktails, done right with fresh fruits and ingredients. We will also cover the basic tools of the trade, bartending techniques and how to set up your own home cocktail bar to impress your guests. If we have managed to pique your interest, feel free to drop us a note and we can further discuss how we can bring the tipple to you!
Sign up for Alvin’s classes here.
- Jean Philippe LandryBread & PastryJean Philippe LandryBread & Pastry"After all these years, baking is still magical for me. I always look forward to seeing the excitement on my participant’s faces as they take something as basic as flour and after learning the various techniques, be able to create artisanal bread out of their own hands. This to me, is what teaching is all about." Jean Philippe Landry has been baking bread since he was 16 years old. Hailing from Annecy in the Alps, he horned his artisan bread making skills with Kevin Le Meur, a 4th generation master artisan baker. Jean Philippe now lives in Bangkok and runs Maison Jean Philippe, an artisan commercial bakery suppling sourdough breads and pastries to the best hotels, restaurants and cafes in Thailand. Jean Philippe is passionate about his craft and loves to share his skills with like minded individuals who are hungry to learn and enjoy the pleasure of turning simple ingredients into the most amazing pastries and breads. He currently offers consulting services to start up bakeries and teaches at several schools in Bangkok including Le Cordon Bleu and PBA. He runs the 5 Day Bread & Pastries program at Palate Sensations several times a year.
Sign up for Chef Jean Philippe’s classes here:
- Paula TanBread & PastryPaula TanBread & Pastry"I take pleasure in seeing great food served on home dining tables." Paula has been a passionate baker since her college days in Canada. Paula took her culinary aspiration to greater heights at BITC, Singapore and was trained in various kinds of dough preparation for Asian pastries. She went on to pursue her Trainer License in the art of Japanese Bread Making at ABC Cooking Studio, Singapore. In 2019, Paula travelled to San Francisco Baking Institute to pursue in depth studies of sour dough preparations and artisan breads. Her specialty is yeasted dough preparation and her pride and joy is serving her steam baos, assorted mooncakes, Asian breads, Huaiyang pastries and popular Asian snack foods to her family and friends.
Check out her favourite recipes at her Youtube channel @PaulaCookingFingers.
Sign up for Chef Paula’s classes here.
- Seah Yang ChiakCakes & PastrySeah Yang ChiakCakes & Pastry"Some people call pastry chefs scientists, while some know them to be artists. The exceptional ones, however, have been regarded by many as magicians. Highly grateful that my stint in Paris has granted me invaluable insights and inspirations for French pastry, I am now absolutely thrilled to bring a part of the Parisian life to you. From the evening breeze along the River Seine to the buttery aromas of freshly baked croissants in Boulangeries, French pastry immerses people in astounding experiences. Indulge yourselves in the magnificence of French desserts and get inspired – one bite at a time." Chiak graduated from Ferrandi Paris, an acclaimed French School of Culinary Arts, where he was trained in French pastry to be a professional pâtissier. He did his internship in the world-renowned Ritz Paris, a luxurious Parisian hotel holding the status of a ‘Palace’ because of its exceptional reputation that exceeds the five-star hotel rating in France. During his time in Paris, Chiak’s exposure to the enchanting Parisian pastry scene has allowed him a thorough understanding and appreciation for French desserts. While at Ferrandi, Chiak was offered the opportunity to work alongside several of the school’s chefs in conducting professional pastry classes and demonstrations to the public. He was also selected to be involved in major events such as ‘Salon de la Pâtisserie’ and ‘Taste of Paris’. There, he worked together with professionals of the industry, such as the chefs of the famous Ladurée Paris, in creating luxurious pastries. Since the tender age of 8, Chiak aspired to be a chef. As a child, he would spend his time observing his grandmother intently as she cooked and prepared various cakes and pastries. At age 19, he graduated as top student from Shatec Institutes with a Diploma in Culinary Skills. He was trained as an apprentice in French fine dining restaurant Au Petit Salut, where he refined his basic techniques and knowledge of French cuisine and pastry. He subsequently moved to work at Le Bistrot du Sommelier, a bistrot offering authentic French fare. Shortly after, Chiak developed the urge to delve deeper into the fundamentals of patisserie. This sparked in him a heightened passion for French pastries and he took more interest in creating modern French cakes, pastries, chocolates and confections. Following his passion, Chiak decided to further improve himself and made his move to learn from the esteemed professionals in Paris. Heavily inspired by the exceptional standards of both the French chefs and pastries alike, Chiak has made it his absolute ambition to bring a part of Paris back to Singapore. He is excited to let people around him experience the wonders of French desserts without having to travel around half the world. Chiak looks forward to sharing his skills and knowledge with anyone – be it a professional chef, a home cook, or just about anybody who is eager to learn.
Sign up for Chef Chiak’s classes here:
- Eunice SngCakes & PastryEunice SngCakes & Pastry"A cake can most definitely taste as good as it looks, as long as you put in hard work and passion." At a young age of 18, Eunice took the road less travelled and pursued her passion for baking instead of tertiary education. Initially starting out an assistant baker for two boutique bakeries, Eunice now has her own brand Stick To Grams. She boasts a variety of pastry skills including decorating buttercream cakes, piping buttercream flowers and making intricate character macarons. Eunice continuously upgrades herself by attending courses held by renowned bakers such as Nana, Don't Tell Charles and Cakes By Cliff. She is a certified food handler and takes pride in keeping her baking environment pristine. Eunice hopes to share her joy of baking with others and prove that anyone with passion can be a good baker.
Sign up for Chef Eunice’s classes here: